Our Response To COVID
To our RARE Fam,
We wanted to take a minute to share with you our response to COVID.
The global spread of COVID-19 is impacting every single one of us. At RARE, we take our commitment to you, our community and our staff VERY seriously. We are all adapting and responding to this situation in our own way, and we want to continue serving you in a way that’s responsible and that protects what’s most important to us – our RARE Family.
Our Initial Response
In the early stages of the outbreak, RARE responded to the rapidly changing event in the following ways:
- Encouraging our guests to use click & collect services
- Elevated & frequent cleaning & sanitization protocols with a focus on high impact and high contact surfaces (debit machines, modifications to our menus for easier sanitization, door handles, counters, etc)
- Increased communication and policies around important health & safety procedures to maintain an informed and safe environment for everyone
- Hand sanitizers at multiple locations throughout the store
- Implemented early social distancing protocols in store
- Temporarily reduced hours
As the situation continued to evolve at a rapid pace, we realized that this wasn’t going to go away quickly, and that additional procedures and protocols would need to be made to weather this storm for the long haul. As such, we voluntarily closed our doors for a period of 14 days, so we could do the planning and preparation necessary to help protect our guests, staff and community.
Our Advanced Response
The COVID-19 outbreak is serious; and we needed to have solutions that reflect how seriously we take our part to help stop the spread. In order to reopen our doors, we have taken the following necessary action:
- Surveyed our guests – this vital step gave us amazing insight and input from our treasured RARE Fam.
- Installed plexi-glass safety shields – creating a safe barrier for our staff and guests.
- Social distances markers – we have installed social distance markers on our floor, this will help you recognize what a safe distance from other guests looks like.
- New chat tool – we have added a chat tool to our website, so those that love getting help from our RARE Experience Guides, can get the same experience on our online shop from your fave experience guide no less!
- Max guests in store – we are also capping our guests at no more than 5 in the store at one time. We ask all of our amazing guests to please honour this. If you see more than 5 people in the store when you arrive, please wait to enter until someone has left. You can even start shopping from your phone at rarecannabis.ca/shop
We have added these advanced measures on top of our initial responses. We are committed to happy, healthy experiences, and take our role in stemming this pandemic very seriously.
Thank you to all of our guests who have toughed this out with us. We are still dedicated to giving you that amazing RARE experience, it might just look a little different for a little while.
If you need any information on COVID-19 in Airdrie, please refer to the City of Airdrie’s webpage.