The Ultimate Vape Troubleshooting Guide
Troubleshooting Tips for Common Vape Cartridge Issues
We understand it can be frustrating when your product doesn’t function as expected. Luckily, some issues are minor and there are troubleshooting steps you can take to have you puffin’ on your way!
- Keep your vape cartridges and disposable vape pens at room temperature. Avoid leaving them in your car or anywhere that experience excessive temperature fluctuations.
- Store your cartridges standing up-right when not in use, to prevent leaks and clogs.
- Be careful not to OVERTIGHTEN your cartridge to your battery; this could negatively impact the connection between your cartridge and battery.
- Prime your cartridge before first use by taking 4-5 ‘dry hits’. A dry hit means to take a drag from the cartridge WITHOUT activating the battery. Be sure to keep these hits light and short.
- Wait a minute between hits. The oil inside of the cartridge is thick and needs time to wick-up. If you do not give the wick sufficient time to absorb the oil, you’ll risk burning the wick on your next hit and produce ‘burnt hits’ for the remainder of the cartridge.
- Avoid taking long and hard hits. If you are not getting much vapor on follow-up hits, the wick may not have enough time to absorb the oil. Long and hard hits will pull excess oil past the wick causing the cartridge to ‘spit’ oil, and lead to clogs.
- Try to use disposable vape pens within 30 days. The battery in these units is not rechargeable, and once activated for the first time, it cannot be turned off and slowly loses power even when not in use.
Vape Troubleshooting #1: You’re unable to pull any air through the cartridge.
- The holes in the cartridge may have clogged with oil. If your battery has a pre-heat function, use the function to warm up the oil to get it flowing. Alternatively, you can warm the cartridge on low heat using a hair dryer or heated blanket. You can also use a paperclip to de-clog the cartridge by inserting the end of the paper clip gently down the mouth piece.
Vape Troubleshooting #2: You’re able to pull air through the cartridge, but no vapor is produced.
- Check that the battery is on and charged.
- Check the contact on the battery and cartridge is clean. Oil from cartridges may coat the contact and prevent the battery and cartridge from connecting. Clean the contacts with a q-tip soaked in iso-propyl alcohol and allow to air dry before connecting.
Some of these vape troubleshooting tips may damage your vape cartridges if not done correctly; if you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the suggestions, please bring your vape cart back to RARE Cannabis Co., we are happy to help!
If the above tips did not get you on your way, or you’re experiencing other issues, drop by our shop and a RARE Experience Guide will examine it further. Alternatively, you can also reach out to us with any questions via the online chat tool, or phone us at 403-980-0010.